Young Artist Competition
Fall 2012 will mark the 20th anniversary of the Young Artist Competition, presented in partnership with the Morse Museum of American Art. This prestigious competition provides high school vocalists and instrumentalists throughout Florida the exceptional opportunity to prepare for performance before judges who are respected in their field. The winners of this annual all-state competition perform their winning selections at a concert that is free and open to the public, benefiting the community not only by providing an enriching musical experience, but also by offering role models to youngsters and inspiring future art patrons. For more information about the competition, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Download the registration form here: 2012 Young Artist Competition Registration Form. DEADLINE: OCTOBER 31, 2012
Finalist Recital– Free and open to the public
- Tiedtke Concert Hall, Keene Music Building, Rollins College. Tiedtke Hall is located at the corner of Chase Avenue and Holt Avenue in Winter Park, FL.
- For additional parking, please use the Sun Trust parking garage across Fairbanks Avenue.
2012 Competition Details
- November 17, 2012
- Rollins College Keene Music Building
- Students in grades 9-12 who are Florida residents or who attend a Florida school.
- Students in lower grades with prize-winning potential may apply for permission to compete by submitting a 5-7 minute CD and teacher letter of recommendation with application.
- Previous grand-prize winners and students under professional management may not compete.
- Students may compete in one of four categories- piano, strings, brass/woodwinds, or voice.
- Instrumentalists should prepare one selection; vocalists, two contrasting selections. Selections should be appropriate classical music for the instrument and must be performed from memory.
- Total performance time may not exceed 7 minutes. Participants are responsible for honoring the 7 minute time limit, making appropriate edits where necessary.
- Participants must provide one original copy of music showing any edits. Photocopies are unacceptable.
- Participants must provide their own accompanist.